The following comments and policy recommendations are based on the results of 6 Community Meetings, in 41 Vulnerable Communities, with 448 residents.
Families are struggling to meet basic needs for a variety of reasons including instability, fragmentation and limited access to needed supports.
- Businesses, health care centers, mental health services, pharmacies, accessible transportation, schools and childcare centers
- Help for families with special challenges
- Transportation and living wages
- Stable jobs and job skills training
- Safe spaces for youth and families
PBEOC Policy Recommendations
- Sustainable non-governmental organizations to support families, schools, and communities
- Prioritize transportation in development and planning
- Increase access to quality healthcare, mental health care, drug and alcohol treatment services
- Build and support recreation centers